Shoulder pain can severely limit your freedom to move, work, and play. Our orthopedic experts will create a treatment plan so you can eliminate pain and regain your range of motion.
Care for Shoulder Issues and Injuries
Overuse, injury, and degenerative disease can all cause shoulder problems and pain. Our specialists treat a range of conditions, including:
- Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease that affects mostly middle-aged and older adults. It may cause the breakdown of joint cartilage and adjacent bone in the shoulder.
- Rheumatoid arthritis causes inflammation of the synovial lining of the joint, causing extra synovial fluid which leads to severe pain and stiffness.
Bicep tendon tear
Bursitis and tendinitis
Impingement syndrome, often called Swimmers Syndrome, is when the tendon rubs against the shoulder blade. This causes pain and discomfort during certain movements of the arms. This can often be corrected with rest and physical therapy to build strength and range of motion.
Rotator cuff injury
Shoulder dislocation or separation
Have an Athletic Injury?
If other treatments aren’t giving you the relief you need, shoulder replacement may be the solution.
What is shoulder replacement surgery?
Total shoulder replacement (also called total shoulder arthroplasty) is a surgical procedure in which all or a portion of the shoulder joint is replaced by a prosthetic implant.
What are the common reasons for shoulder replacement surgery?
This joint replacement surgery is a very successful procedure for treating the severe pain and stiffness that can result from arthritis or degenerative joint disease.
How do I know if I need shoulder replacement surgery?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you avoiding certain activities or movements because of your shoulder pain?
- Has your shoulder pain been persistent for over a month?
- Have you been using medication for pain relief, but it’s no longer helping?
- Do you wake up at night or have a hard time sleeping due to your shoulder pain?
- Are normal activities like carrying groceries becoming consistently painful?
If you answered yes to any of these, let’s meet to discuss your mobility goals and the best treatment for you. Contact us to make an appointment.
Learn more about our joint replacement services.