Elbow Pain Care in Omaha, NE
Even the simplest tasks can be challenging when you are suffering from hand, wrist, or elbow problems. Our orthopedic experts can help you relieve pain and regain everyday abilities.
Care for Shoulder Issues and Injuries
Overuse, injury, and degenerative disease can all cause shoulder problems and pain. Our specialists treat a range of conditions, including:
- Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease that affects mostly middle-aged and older adults. It may cause the breakdown of joint cartilage and adjacent bone in the hands, wrists, and elbows.
- Rheumatoid arthritis causes inflammation of the synovial lining of the joints, causing extra synovial fluid which leads to severe pain and stiffness.
Carpal tunnel syndrome
Cubital tunnel syndrome
Fractures, sprains, and strains
- Tennis elbow (or lateral epicondylitis) is an irritation of the tendons connecting the forearm muscle to the elbow. This is the most common elbow pain that people see their doctor for.
- Golfer’s or baseball elbow (or medial epicondylitis) is caused by damage to the tendons that bend the wrist toward the palm and causes pain from the elbow to the wrist on the inside of the elbow.
- De Quervain’s syndrome affects the tendons on the thumb side of the wrist and causes pain and swelling in your thumb and wrist.
- Trigger finger and trigger thumb (or stenosing tenosynovitis) is a painful condition that causes your finger to lock or catch when you bend it.
If you’ve been injured during sports or exercise…
One of the most common sites of arthritis in the body is in the thumb, especially in women. Carpometacarpal arthroplasty is an effective way to reduce pain and improve mobility.
What is joint replacement surgery?
What are the common reasons for carpometacarpal replacement surgery?
How do I know if I need joint replacement surgery?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you avoiding certain activities or movements because of your pain?
- Has your pain been persistent for over a month?
- Have you been using medication for pain relief, but it’s no longer helping?
- Are normal activities like carrying groceries becoming consistently painful?
If you answered yes to any of these, let’s meet to discuss your mobility goals and the best treatment for you. Contact us to make an appointment.