Insurance and Billing Information
Thank you for choosing Omaha Orthopedic Clinic & Sports Medicine, P.C. for your care and treatment. The following is a summary of our financial policy.
- Method of payment: cash, personal check, VISA, MasterCard, and American Express.
- Co-payment: the fixed dollar amount set by your insurance contract that is required to be paid by you at the time of the visit.
- Deductible: the annual dollar amount set by your insurance contract that is deducted from insurance benefits and is required to be paid by you.
- Co-insurance: the percentage set by your insurance contract that is deducted from insurance benefits and is required to be paid by you.
- Self-pay: A patient that does not have any valid health insurance. You will be asked to pay a set fee before being seen.
We participate in most HMO and PPO plans. Feel free to check with your insurance regarding participation as well. Primary and secondary insurance filing will be completed at no charge.
MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT (MVA)
Please be sure to bring your automobile insurance claim information with you. We will not bill someone else’s motor vehicle insurance. We will also ask for your personal health insurance should your MVA coverage become exhausted.
We require a financial arrangement be established for payment in full at the time of service. We will not be a party to any litigation suits being filed for personal injury.
WORK-RELATED INJURY (WC)
If you are being seen for a work-related accident, please do the following prior to your visit. Contact your employer and /or workers’ compensation carrier, as we will required authorization that this occurrence is being accepted as a workers’ comp claim. We also require your health insurance information in the event that authorization is not obtained, or claim is not approved.
For individuals with commercial insurance plan, we are willing to make payment arrangements on balances due after insurance payment. Uninsured patients will be required to make financial arrangements with us prior to surgery.
OVERDUE AND IN-COLLECTION ACCOUNTS
Patients with past due accounts will be asked to make payment in full before being see in our office for anything other than surgical follow-up. Patient accounts sent to collection will not be allowed to schedule appointments until their account is paid in full.
We reserve the right to forward your account to a collection agency if it is determined to be uncollectable.
A $20.00 service fee will be added to all checks returned due to insufficient funds. If you check is returned, you will be required to pay by cash or credit card for all additional services.
COMPLETION OF FORMS
You will be asked to pay a nominal fee for completion of all forms, ie AFLAC, FMLA, return to work, disability etal.